What a way to start 2024! The Met Office has issued an AMBER warning focusing on the winds associated with named storm: HENK. It covers all of our local operational area.
Storm Henk will bring a spell of very strong winds, causing disruption to travel and utilities.
What to expect
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected
- Some roads and bridges likely to close
- Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs
- Flying debris is likely and could lead to Injuries or danger to life
- There is a good chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage, and
- Injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties.
- drive slowly to minimise the impact of wind gusts
- be aware of high sided vehicles/caravans on more exposed roads and be cautious when overtaking, and
- give cyclists, motorcyclists, lorries and buses more room than usual.
Further info about the warning can be found at: